Improve the Sound!
Announcing Mosaic's SPRING FORWARD Campaign
As you now know, we must continue to make rapid progress on improving the quality of sound and lighting in the Sanctuary, and in other worship venues throughout the facility. At a time when excitement is high, momentum is building, and growing numbers of people are joining the church, we must make sure no one is left behind or otherwise unable to attend because the sound is too loud, lighting to low, etc.
Since the first of the year, we have raised and applied approximately $35,000 toward this need.*
To make it easier (financially speaking) on the congregation we are continuing to take things one-step at a time. Our next steps and timelines for remedying the situation are listed below.
With this in mind, please prayerfully consider and soon make a generous sacrificial gift to Mosaic's SPRING FORWARD campaign. Every gift, no matter the size, will be greatly appreciated!
I. Immediate Need to Improve Sound in Sanctuary - $49,000
- $10,000 (microphones, cables, etc., to outfit all three venues*
- $13,000 (truss to hang speakers, lighting, etc., in Sanctuary ceiling)
- $26,000 (three line array speakers w/ amplifiers to hang on truss)
II. Additional Need by Easter Need (March 27) - $50,000
- $ 3,000 (complete necessary furnishings for nursery rooms 2 and 3)
- $25,000 (video projectors and large screen in Sanctuary, cabling, etc.)
- $10,000 (additional lighting)
- $12,000 (for sound tech addition in this budget year)
III. Must Have Need by July 1 - $89,000
- $77,000 (what we owe (final bill) to our architects at Polk Stanley Wilcox
- $12,000 (for janitorial addition in this budget year)
*Q: Why are we still raising money for the building, specifically for sound, video, and lighting needs?
A: To secure an affordable loan last summer, and in order to move sooner than later into our new facility, we had to cut approximately $250,000 from our request to the bank. The $250,000 we chose to cut was to pay for sound, lighting, and video needs across three venues (Sanctuary, Commons, Children’s Worship Room).
Had we not done this, we would have had to raise an additional $250,000 at the time in order to finalize the loan and move forward with renovations. Had we not done this, we would not have been able to move in to the new facility as we did on January 3, 2016.
Thus, we are just now addressing sound, lighting, and video needs after the fact; that is, now that we have completed the more priority renovations, paid off all construction bills (staying within budget, by the way), and moved in to the facility.
Pray as we go, pay as we go. To God be the glory, great things He has done, and continues to do!