The Mosaic Mission Team seeks to fulfill the Great Commission through the intentional support and mobilization of believers involved in cross-cultural evangelism and multi-ethnic church planting.
Biblical Basis for Missions
• God used man to reach man (Genesis 12:1-5)
• So that the nations may be glad and sing for joy (Psalms 67:1-7)
• To be a light to the nations and bring salvation to the ends of the earth (Isaiah 49:6)
• Christ commands us, His disciples, to become disciplemakers as well (Matthew 28:19,20)
• So that the gospel will be preached in all the world (Matthew 24:14, Acts 1:8)
• Provide support for those preaching the Gospel (Acts 18:2,3; 20:33-35)
• The church at Antioch laid hands on men and sent them out to proclaim the gospel (Acts 13:1-12; 16)
Roles of Mosaic Mission Team
The Missions Team is the Church’s instrument for administering the strategy of Mosaic Missions by:
• Providing a clear sense of direction for the Missions Strategy
• Facilitating objective decision-making process
• Assisting in effective allocation of missions budgeted dollars
• Ensuring consistency and continuity as team membership changes
Responsibilities of the Mission Team
1. Leading church in periods of fasting & prayer concerning mission projects.
2. Provide updates and information about all supported missionaries (oral and/or written)
3. Educate and equip the church about missions and world outreach.
4. Coordinate prayer support for missionaries and organizations.
5. Encourage correspondence with missionaries from members of Mosaic.
6. Stimulate interest in and mobilization of Mosaics for mission projects.
7. Assist in developing the annual missions budget.
8. Interview and determine support level of candidates (according to section II.C).
9. Establish and maintain an effective and realistic missions strategy for Mosaic Church.
Facilitating a Missions Trip
Has God burdened you for a particular place to "GO!" as He commanded? If so, the first step in approving a Mosaic missions trip is to fill out this statement of intent.